Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Error: <error code>, Severity: <severity level>, State: <state code> <error description>
This appears to be a generic event that can be recorded by the MS SQL Server service for a wide range of problems. See the information for various errors (ordered by the error number).
Error: 0, Description: SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 10 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. - This type of error indicates a bug in one of the MS SQL Server binaries. Installation of the latest service pack recommended. If that does not fix it then call Microsoft Product support. Some newsgroup postings suggest that this may occur due to lack of space on drive containing the SQL logs
Error: 823, Description: "I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x00000002710000 in file "<path to mdf file>". - no info
Error: 1105, Description: Could not allocate space for object "DomainFileLog" in database "WebMarshal" because the "PRIMARY" filegroup is full." - no info
Error: 8520, Description: "Commit of internal MSDTC transaction failed" - no info.
Error: 9002, Description: "The log file for database "<database name>" is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space." - This event is recorded when there is no more hard disk space to perform the database/transaction log backup. Verify that the location configured for backup has enough free space and that the size of the transaction log is set according to the amount of SQL transactions that are performed against the database.
Error: 10004, Description: OS 11001 Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist. General network error. Check your documentation.ConnectionOpen (gethostbyname()())." - no info.
Error: 15457 Description: "Configuration option "show advanced options" changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install." - no info
Error: 17803, Description: Insufficient memory available. - Verify that there is enough physical memory available to SQL.
Error: 17826, Description: ods Could not set up ListenOn connection 'RIVER'.. Operating system error 1899., The endpoint mapper database could not be created. - This may indicate that SQL has a conflict with another software when trying to bind to the network card. It could also indicate a problem with the networking protocols on that server. Error 17826 usually indicates a network error.
Error: 17832, Description: "Connection opened but invalid login packet(s) sent. Connection closed." - no info
Error: 50000, Description <database name> Space Percentage: <percentage used> - A warning indicating that the spaced used by the database has reached a critical threshold.
- Error: 1068, description: "(The dependency service or group failed to start.) occurred while performing this service operation on the MSSQLServer Service" - See ME307288 for information.
- Error: 10004, description: "Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist" - See ME167352.
- Error: 17803, description: "Insufficient memory available" - See ME313279.
- Error: 50000, description: "OnePoint Free Data Space Percentage: <percentage>" - See ME814626.
- Error: 17809, description: "Could not connect. The maximum number of 'xx' configured user connections are already connected. The system administrator can change the maximum to a higher value using sp_configure" - See ME320597.
- Error: 17802, description: "Could not create server event thread" - See ME316749.
- Error: 17883 - See ME892205 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Error: 1105 - This problem can appear when the BlackBerry Enterprise Server database has configured a size limitation in the SQL server. See BlackBerry Support Article Number: KB-04629 for more details on this issue.
- Error: 9002 - See the link to "Why is tempdb full, and how can I prevent this from happening?" for information on this problem.
From a newsgroup post: "This may be due to a timing issue where the tempdb log file cannot grow fast enough under certain conditions. You should make the log file as large as you think it will ever need to be and do not shrink it. You can truncate the log with: “BACKUP LOG TempDB WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY” to clear it out once in a while but if your getting continual growth it may be due to long running open transactions which will not allow the log to truncate on it's own. Use “DBCC OPENTRAN” to make sure you do not have any long running open transactions".
See ME237303, ME290128 and ME307336 for more details.
- Error: 22022, description: "SQLServerAgent is not currently running so it cannot be notified of this action" - ME911841 from Microsoft helped me to resolve this problem.
- Error: 17883 - See ME909089 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Error: 15457, description: "Configuration option "show advanced options" changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install" - From a newsgroup post: "You can get this in the log when you view the properties for SQL Server in Enterprise Manager. In this case, you can ignore it". See the link to "MSDN Library" for information on using the RECONFIGURE command.
- Error: 9002, description: "The log file for database "<database name>" is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space" - See "AspFAQ ID 2446".
- Error: 1101, description: "Could not allocate new page for database <database name>. There are no more pages available in filegroup <filegroup name>. Space can be created by dropping objects, adding additional files, or allowing file growth" - From a newsgroup post: "Your DB is out of space. If the data portion is near 2GB, you have hit the MSDE limitation, else set the DB to autogrow".
- Error: 1105, description: "Could not allocate space for object "<object>" in database "<database>" because the "PRIMARY" filegroup is full - See the link to "McAfee Support Article KB45593".
- Error: 17883, description: "The Scheduler <value> appears to be hung" - This information was reported on our Domain Controller when the entire network "froze" for a period of about 10 minutes. Error 17883 relates to the “health” of the MS SQL server and indicates a scheduler error. More info can be found in article ME319892.
Chad A. Gross
- Error 1105 - This error can occur if you are running SQL on a Windows 2003 server and quotas are enabled on the drive where the SQL databases live. Disabling quotas for the SQL service account(s) will resolve the issue. For more info on managing quotas in Windows Server 2003, see the link to “Managing Disk Quotas in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP”.
- Error: 17805, description: "Invalid buffer received from client" - See Veritas Support Document ID: 278909.
- Error: 9002, description: "The log file for database "<database name>" is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space" - See the link to "SQL Blog".
- Error: 17805, description: "Invalid buffer received from client" - See ME827366.
- Error: 1204, error description: " The SQL Server cannot obtain a LOCK resource at this time. Rerun your statement when there are fewer active users or ask the system administrator to check the SQL Server lock and memory configuration" - See ME323630.
- Error: 9002, description: "The log file for database "tempdb" is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space" - This problem appeared on our MS SQL 2000 server. The SQL Server Agent was not running, as a result the "cleaning" of the tempdb tables, transaction logs and the database dump did not take place, causing the tables to get filled up.
Error: 823, Severity: 24, Description: I/O error 59(An unexpected network error occurred.) - Received this error when I restored a backup to a network drive using RESTORE ... MOVE. The backup initially worked, however after rebooting the machine on which the mdf & ldf files were actually located, I began to get this error. Apparently has something to do with network latency when SQL Server is accessing database files over TCP/IP.
- Error: 50000, description: "SQL Litespeed restore: VERIFYONLY <database>, Guid: <backup guid>, File (<n>), Time: <date> <time>, Message: The backup set is valid" - Informational message produced by SQL Litespeed to confirm that the backup verification has completed successfully. This is a "debug" message that was accidentally included in the 3.0.122 release. The message is not required and has been removed in later builds, such as 3.0.123 and higher. There is a corresponding message in the SQL Server Log as well, and these messages can be ignored.
- Error: 0 - When this error occurred our on Windows Server 2003, it was resolved by defragmenting the NTFS partition.
Woodrow Wayne Collins
- Error: 1105, description: "Could not allocate space for object "<object>" in database "<database>" because the "PRIMARY" filegroup is full - See Troubleshooting Error 1105 link below.
The solution for out-of-space errors is to plan for them with appropriate setup, sizing, and maintenance to keep logs from out-of-control growth. You can eliminate surprises by setting up alerts and jobs that will catch and potentially fix the errors for you. As a last resort, you can make existing files larger or create additional files with the Alter Database command. Should you choose this solution, you may have to move the file to a different drive that is visible to the server and create new files on the new file group so the database can use them.
Error: 208, Description: "Invalid object name <db_name()>." - Received this error in conjunction with Veritas BackupExec 8.5 backing up SQL2000. I've tested restores - so I can see that the database was backed up properly, but I get this message for each database on the server. Immeadiately after the 17052 I receive an eventid 17055 : MSSQLServer : INFO : 18264 Database backed up:... I'm guessing that BackupExec is testing for a DB feature that is not installed - after getting the error, BE moves on and completed the DBBackup successfully.
Error: 17826, Description: ods Could not set up ListenOn connection "1433". Operating system error 10013., An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions." - This error can be solved by adding the MSSqlServer Service Account to the local administrators group.
Error: 1203, Description: Process ID <id> Attempting to unlock an unowned resource Key7:1842105603:2(0c03339c4032)." See ME240853.
Error: 823, Description: "I/O error 1453(Insufficient quota to complete the requested service.) detected during read of %s."
Error 8966, Description: "Could not read and latch page (%d:%d) with latch type %s. 1453(Insufficient quota to complete the requested service.) failed."
Error: 823, Description: "I/O error 1450(Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.) detected during read of %s."
Error: 8966, Description: Could not read and latch page (%d:%d) with latch type %s. 1450(Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.) failed.
As per Microsoft, these have been corrected by SQL 7.0 Service Pack 3. See ME274310.
It is likely that associated with this error you will see error 605 in your SQL event log. This error is related to a NOLOCK or READ UNCOMMITTED. If you see this error with a severity level or 21 you most likley have data corruption. Refer to article ME235880 for more information.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Troubleshooting SQL FAQ, McAfee Support Article KB45593, Troubleshooting Error 1105, MSDN Library, SQL Blog, BlackBerry Support Article Number: KB-04629, Veritas Support Document ID: 278909, Managing Disk Quotas in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP, AspFAQ ID 2446, Why is tempdb full, and how can I prevent this from happening?|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (5) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated