Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
The description for Event ID (1904) in Source (HHCTRL) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840
|English: This information is only available to subscribers. An example of English, please!|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is a DLL?
What is causing the “The description for Event ID ( … ) in Source ( …. ) cannot be found… “?
From a support forum: " I got this "event" every time a link was clicked while using an older version of the MSDN Library that I installed on my machine. ALL of the links were locally installed help files too. Adding this registry entry fixed my problem:
I can not find any documentation on the DWORD entry "OverrideLMZLinHHContainer", so not sure if adding it imposes a security risk or not. Found the value name while doing a text search on the actual hhctrl.ocx file near the documented registry values. Best I can tell it stands for "Override Local Machine Zone Level in HH container". Worked for me. Just sad that Microsoft can't seem to get anything right anymore, and we have to resort to undocumented registry hacks to make things work."
Information: "res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840. - I have received this message when I opened "Collapsible Panel Bar.chm" a help file (CHM = Compressed Help Modules) for a custom C# programming component. The link id points to ME896358, basically saying that certain functions used in this help file have been disabled by a Windows security update. The help file indeed was from 2002.
The "webOC" mentioned in the information stands for Web Object Control (aka WebBrowser ActiveX control) and it basically indicates that the help file tried to use a browser object but the system did not allow it.
See ME892675 for details.
I received this error every 11 seconds for 4 hours while using and reading the help file for the "Microsoft Exchange Server Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer". It has not had any effect on the servers (SBS2K3) performance. After closing the help file, the error has stopped being logged.
I got about 30 of these events after viewing help on RRAS in a Windows 2003 server. The link in the event description, takes you to ME896358, which is a list of known issues with the June 2005 release of MS05-026 security update. It seems harmless other than not being able to view some help pages in exactly the manner intended. I would hope new help files will be in the next service pack.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated