Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 4143 Source: MSDTC
MS DTC has detected that a DC Promotion has happened since the last time the MS DTC service was started.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the MSDTC service?
EV100632 (MSDTC Event ID 4143 and 53258 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 Domain Controller) provides suggestions on how to resolve an instance of this event when is recording along 53258 Warning on a freshly installed virtual machine using a slipstreamed SP1 installation and promoted to a domain controller.
After some research, I found this tip and I think it could help. The problem is generated only if Windows 2003 Server SP1 is installed before Active Directory. This should resolve the matter:
1. Go to Start -> Administrative tools -> Component Services.
2. Expand Component Services.
3. Right click on "Computer" in the right window pane and select “Properties”.
4. Click the MS DTC Tab.
5. Click the "Security Configuration" button when the dialog box appears. Do not modify anything simply click "OK". Then click "OK" on the Computer's properties box; this will take you back to the console.
7. Stop the MSDTC service by right clicking on "Computer".
8. Finally, restart the MSDTC service by right clicking again on "Computer" and selecting "Start MSDTC".
Daniele Catanesi and Housenet were the first I saw proposing the solution so thanks to them.
Elliott Fields Jr
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated