|Error code: 0x0000002E|
As per Microsoft, this stop message indicates that a parity error has been detected in system memory. This error is almost always caused by a hardware problem, but may be caused by any of the following items:
- A failed or defective hardware component, including RAM, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM.
- Hardware that is misconfigured or mismatched. For example, if memory has been added recently, there may be mismatched RAM speeds.
- Incompatible hardware. For example, the speed of RAM recently added may be incompatible with another hardware component on the system, such as the L2 cache.
- An ill-behaved device driver attempting to access an address in the 0x8xxxxxxx range that does not exist (that is, does not correspond to a real physical address mapping).
- A virus has infected the Master Boot Record (MBR).
- Hard disk damage.
See the links below for more troubleshooting information.
|Links: M185787, M193548, M218132, Windows Driver Kit, Error Message - DATA_BUS_ERROR, STOP - 0x0000002E, Common Stop Messages - Stop 0x0000002E, Troubleshooting Stop Messages, Windows 2000 Server - System Recovery and Troubleshooting|
Keywords: error code 0x0000002E and Bugcheck: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
Keywords: DATA_BUS_ERROR: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
|Feedback: If you have additional details about this error code, please send it to us.|