|Error code: 1355|
|Description: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN|
Make sure that the Domain Controller is not offline or that its name is not mistyped. Try to ping the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the DC. For example, this problem can occur if a domain controller in the domain has not registered an "A" record for itself in DNS.
Of course, network connectivity and DNS problems could cause this problem, so check for this type of problems too.
Here are some examples when this error may occur:
- M228328 - This behavior can occur if there is no network protocol installed on the computer.
- M239897 - In this case, the computer was unable to contact a Domain Name Server (DNS) server.
- M252137 - The computer was unable to contact a global catalog server.
- M258832 - In this case, NetBIOS over TCP/IP was disabled on the client computer.
- M259374 - This problem can occur if the server that is running the Domain Name System (DNS) service has not registered an "A" record for itself in DNS.
- M279212 - The error appears if you provide an incorrect domain name when you are prompted for your credentials.
- M298656 - Domain Name System (DNS) server problems caused the error in this case.
- M299563 - This error can appear if the Netlogon service is not started.
- M312467 - This article describes a situation in which IPSec policies were configured to allow only secure communication between the Exchange 2000 server and the Global Catalog server.
- M810402 - Norton Internet Security 2002 prevented clients from joining a domain in this case.
M839880 shows information on how to troubleshoot RPC Endpoint Mapper errors.
See the links below for further information on this error.
|Links: M227747, M228328, M239897, M247151, M252137, M256083, M257623, M258832, M259374, M264008, M266324, M273428, M274320, M279212, M283133, M285800, M286360, M287918, M289549, M297096, M298656, M299563, M306101, M310461, M312467, M314366, M324174, M324949, M325874, M327121, M810402, M810812, M812680, M827182, M828813, M832214, M834826, M834859, M839880, M840518, M875429, Troubleshooting E-mail services, Active Directory Operations Overview, Replication Features and Forest to Forest Trusts, File Service Product Operations Guide, Diagnosing and Troubleshooting Active Directory Problems, Solution Operations Guide - Directory Services|
Keywords: error code 1355 and Network: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
Keywords: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
|Feedback: If you have additional details about this error code, please send it to us.|