|Error code: 1908|
|Description: Could not find the domain controller for this domain.|
Here are some examples when this error may occur:
- M197808 - This behavior may occur if a primary domain controller (PDC) cannot resolve another PDC's <Domain name\0x1b> entry through WINS.
- M245172 - This behavior can occur if the 1b (domain master browser) and 1c (domain controller) NetBIOS names for the PDC in the trusted domain are not registered in the Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS). This can occur when the WINS servers in the two domains do not replicate to each other.
- M295883 - In this case, the error appeared because the MOM Agent Manager does not recognize FQDNs for domains that are to be scanned.
- M810402 - The problem can also appear if the Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect service is running.
The Domain Controller Diagnostics Tool (dcdiag.exe) should be helpful in troubleshooting this problem. See the article entitled "Domain Controller Issues" for more details on DC issues.
There are many reason for which a computer cannot find a domain controller:
- network connectivity problems: failed hubs, switches or routers, bad cables, bad network cards, firewalls or VPN problems
- bad configuration: improperly configured TCP/IP stack - IP address, subnet mask or default gateway
- name resolution problems: WINS, DNS, LMHOSTS or HOSTS files
Troubleshoot by eliminating all of the potential problems listed here.
Symbolic name: ERROR_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND
|Links: M178640, M197808, M245172, M253647, M295883, M810402, Error Message - Could not find domain controller for this domain, Domain Controller Diagnostics Tool (dcdiag.exe), Domain Controller Issues|
Keywords: error code 1908 and Network: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
Keywords: Could not find the domain controller for this domain.: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo
|Feedback: If you have additional details about this error code, please send it to us.|